Build and publish realistic worlds on the fly by generating dynamic 3D terrain with the new terrain editor. The terrain editor is FREE with any 3DVIA Studio download.
- All-in-One: edit and manipulate terrain in one panel.
- Height Map Generation: generate terrain with simple effects and erosion using eight to 32-bit height maps. Also, manually apply erosion.
- Brushes: built-in, high quality brushes. Plus the ability to import custom brushes.
- Level of Detail: up to 4096 x 4096.
- Procedural Materials: using material layers, paint materials onto the terrain. Rock layers with tri-linear projection, ground layers and high-detail textures with no tiling effect supporting an infinite number of painted material layers.
- Custom Maps: diffuse maps, normal maps, splat mask maps, as well as custom maps from external terrain generation tools like World Machine.
- Advanced Real-Time Rendering: optimized run-time rendering, displacement map, level of detail, tiles and deferred shading support.
Learn About Terrain
Lear about the 3DVIA Studio terrain editor by reading through the available documentation below.
- Create Terrain: read how to create a terrain using the terrain editor.
- Edit Terrain: read how to edit your terrain using the terrain editor.
- Terrain Materials: read up on what materials are available to you when creating terrain.
- Terrain Samples: check out examples of the types of terrain you can generate with the terrain editor.
- Terrain Concepts: familiarize yourself with the terminology associate with terrain generation.
Get started building and publishing your own 3D worlds by watching the terrain editor tutorial video below.
- Terrain Editor Video Tutorial: learn how to use the terrain editor by watching this tutorial video.