Video smart object

(13 posts) (4 voices)
  • Started 3 years ago by kabakibo
  • Latest reply from kabakibo
  1. kabakibo

Hello,

3Dvia ROCKS!

but i need your help!

1-I tried several times to edit an existing "screen panel" smart object. However, although I change the stream video source to another video link (ie, screencast file, youtube...etc). 3DVIA studio will not play the video. After looking at several other smart objects, I noticed that the videos were saved somewhere in the 3Dvia server, does this mean that the only way to get a video to run is to send you a video for you to save it on your server, then send me the link so I can use it on my smart object?

2-Plus, I noticed that when I used other member's objects in my scene, the reference is there in the Scene's info. However, this reference is completly lost when I download another member's object in Studio, edit it, and export back to my account. A parameter in the object should be available within studio to keep track of real author.

3-And I would like to know what is the "tracked items" I have to choose so that I can have my object behave when a 3Dvia Scene's Avatar gets near it?

Thank you so much for your help

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. jdelrio

Community Manager

1) The video does not have to reside on our servers but has to be uploaded somewhere in its original format. That is, if you upload a video to your own website as a .wmv and use that link in your smart object it will work.

2)This is a very good idea. I know the website tracks the ownership information but once they are downloaded we have no way of predicting how the model will be used, or if it will or will not go back on our website, or another website. We will investigate a way to add an ownership tag in an unobtrusive way.

3)Tracked items? Any examples?

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. kabakibo

Thank you for your prompt response:

1-I tried uploading my video to screencast and use the stream option and put the link to the video and that did not work. I tried to put a youtube link that did not work either. Please notice that there is a difference between a video link such as screencast or youtube where you are directed to a site where you can view or download the video, vs the type of links that are used in some of the already working smart objects in 3DVia.com. The links used seem to be pointing directly to the file itself, that is if I copy/paste the link on my browser, it will automatically ask me to either open or run the file. I don't know how to upload my file this way!!!? What do you suggest?

2- hope this will work

3- http://www.3dvia.com/studio/resource/articles/introduction-to-trigger-zones
    however, this tutorial only shows how to create an experience, however, I want to create a 3Dvia Scenes with trigger zones...or upload a smart object with trigger zone configuration. Is that possible?

thanks

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. hiddentux

3D Experience Guru

1 - You can't stream Youtube flv files in Studio. Hopefully with the rise of HTML 5, we'll soon be able to stream more and more videos from Youtube and Dailymotion (Dailymotion started a Beta HTML 5 version of their website a few days ago)

However, it should work with any video directly streamed, wherever the video is.
    So if you have a personal FTP account, you can upload your video and stream it in Studio or in the Player.

3 - I'll take a look at it... But if you want to create something with trigger zones and more, Studio may be more indicated than Scenes

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. camille

Studio/Virtools Guru

Hello,

3/ you may test if the entering object has a component of type vkSkeleton in its ring ... not tested yet

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. kabakibo

Thank you Camille, I 'll try that.
    @Hiddentux: I have to get myself an ftp site and upload my stuff there then...ok, I'll look into that too, thank you for the hint

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. kabakibo

Camille: when I try to change the "Tracked Item" to vkSkeleton it does not accept it and fills it with "null" instead. What do you think?

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. hiddentux

3D Experience Guru

Kabakibo, it's a bit more complicated than that
    Studio can't understand that kind of request.

In fact, you have to take a look at all the Actors in your Scene, to test if any of them has a vkSkeleton Component, and then to tell to your trigger zone to track the Actor which owns the vkSkeleton.

I tried to do it and it works well in Studio. Haven't tested it in Scene for now though.

Posted 3 years ago #
  9. camille

Studio/Virtools Guru

Hi,

Concerning the 3rd point, you may try this sample TZ_00 : added to your scene, when your avatar is entering the bounding sphere, a JS pop up is displayed.

Hope it helps, I can send you a small project if neeed.
    camille

Posted 3 years ago #
  10. kabakibo

Thank you Hiddentux for the info.

@Camille: that's impressive, I'll see what I can do with that! thanks !

Posted 3 years ago #
  11. kabakibo

@Camille, your smart object worked for a while, but since last week, it stopped working like it should. Now, as soon as I load the object in a scene , a JS pops up and that's it. It stops working, even though I load the object far away from my Avatar. Regardless, the box does not pop up any message afterward. that is weird because the first time you sent me your smart object, I could edit it and it worked flawlessly, I don't know what might have changed last week.

Here is the modified object I am using http://www.3dvia.com/forums/topic/using-vkdebuginfos-to-display-trigger-zone-1#post-57285

Thanks, I really appreciate your help.
    btw: are you a DS employee? or an independent developer? (I am a DS employee)

Posted 3 years ago #
  12. camille

Studio/Virtools Guru

Hi kabakibo,

It seems the trigger zone is not placed properly (see attached screenshot), you may try to fit to the object which may have been modified by 3DVIA Scene during the loading (?)
    I'll do some more tests to get a solution, tell me if you succeed in finding something

and btw. yes

Attachments

1. screenshot.143.png (226.4 KB, 9 downloads) 3 years old
    WARNING: Files uploaded in the forums are not monitored by 3DVIA and therefore might contain content that is malicious or offensive. Download at your own risk
    Posted 3 years ago #
  13. kabakibo

thanks Camille things are clearer now they seem to work for some. However, I have another problem, I want to use trigger zone with a smart object of a door that opens and close that works perfectly, however, I have this model that does not load in Studio and I don't know why:
    http://www.3dvia.com/models/F0589BE6F8CADCEE/left-door
    This model was created in Catia V5 like all the other models I have in my library, and they load very well in 3Dvia player. would you or someone please let me know what might be the problem?

Posted 3 years ago #

You must log in to post.