maximum array size in vsl?

(6 posts) (4 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. #spool

so i was making an array and i get an execution error if i have an array larger than about 87000.

has anyone had this problem or suggest a work around?

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. #kmemarzia

veteran

what types are you storing in your array? Int, Float.. or Parameter ?

Posted 6 years ago #
  3. Godji

veteran

The number you give makes me think of he loop limit. Are you trying to work on this array in one frame?

To prevent infinite loops in the schematic, there is a max iteration value, you may want to either raise it, or modify the way you use your array (possibly move the processin VSL if doable).

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. #spool

its an array of Vectors and i am looping through it to set points in a mesh.

i get the error when i change the size of the array and leave the loops alone, which makes me think that it is a maximum array size and not a loop problem

Posted 6 years ago #
  5. #kmemarzia

veteran

i'm not sure if there are any maximum numbers for the array - simply because we've used arrays in the past to create Point Clouds with thousands of points.

Are you trying to process the entire array in a single frame?

Could you split the array up in some way?

Posted 6 years ago #
  6. Cromfel

veteran

Anyone know the actual limit of the arrays? Im running point cloud with about 5M points and got value file for each point in different file and wondering how I should approach since arrays can not consume that many values.

Posted 3 years ago #

You must log in to post.