Keyboard and Download manager issue with Internet Explorer 9

(1 post) (1 voice)
  • Started 3 years ago by CodeMasterMike

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. CodeMasterMike

veteran

I have a problem playing Virtools vmo files in Internet Explorer on Windows 7.
    The game doesnt react to any keyboard inputs, only mouse input. Same issue if I have the mouse pointer inside
    the active game window and clicked on the game window to make it the active window.

I also get a error message if I try to download custom DLL files, also this only comes from the Internet Explorer browser. (See attachment). The custom DLL files are certified and works fine with all other webbrowsers.

This issue only seems to appear in the latest version of Internet Explorer 9 on Windows 7.
    My system:
    Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit with Service Pack 1
    Internet Explorer version 9.0.8112.16421 (Update version 9.0.1)

BUT, if I deactivate the "security mode"-checkbox inside the IE security settings, then it works fine. Both with the
    keyboard and downloading custom DLL-files.
    But its not really something you would recommend a user to turn off, just to play the game. Might there be another way to solve this?

Attachments

1. Errormessage.jpg (34.4 KB, 14 downloads) 3 years old
    WARNING: Files uploaded in the forums are not monitored by 3DVIA and therefore might contain content that is malicious or offensive. Download at your own risk
    Posted 3 years ago #

You must log in to post.