Did not pay for plus, blue "Wow" effect shown

(11 posts) (5 voices)
  • Started 3 years ago by tomy
  • Latest reply from randomkid199
  1. tomy

Honorary Community Marshall

Hi, I do not know if it's because I'm a featured artist or what, but me and (as far as I know) mynameisoscarjo both have the same problem. Neither of us payed for a plus account, yet we have plus features.

As much as I want to keep it that way I don't want to pay in the future for my account because of an error or mistake, so I'm asking why did I get upgraded to plus? Just curious.

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. jdelrio

Community Manager

We haven't announced it yet, but the upgrade you and many others are recieving in the next few days is a free upgrade as a thank you for being an active and helpful member of the 3DVIA Community!

So on behalf of Don, myself and the rest of the team, congratulations and enjoy your reward

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. tomy

Thanks 3dvia staff!

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. dswavely

Community Manager

You're welcome tomy! You've earned it!

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. tomy

So with the new user code, is this just an experiment or will new free users not be able to embed or download converted dae files forever? I know that since I am technically a plus member, that won't be a problem for me, but everyone else??

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. tomy

3dvia's main argument for a long time was it was free. If your goal is to get more premium members, that's fine. But I think if some of 3dvia's main purposes are for premium only, that isn't right. 3dvia is supposed to be fun for everyone, and things like embedding scenes, uploading private models just so you can take a look at them in the player, and converted DAE files, and so many file formats, and all the other features, are one of the main reasons to choose 3dvia over Google to start with!

If you limit it down enough, the only things separate from the warehouse are the comments, the blog, the player and software, and all the things 3dvia already had right when I got here! You've come this far with 3dvia's cool new features, and if people have to pay for it, 1. you have wasted all your programming because no-one except who's paying for it can use it (limiting it down to about 1/10 of the users), and 2. it's not as neat anymore! I can't tell all my friends to go to 3dvia because it CAN convert models to DAE, and it CAN embed models in sites for free, because it can't!

I'm sorry to throw this in here right after you have upgraded me to plus. I'm thankful you upgraded me, really, and I realize you probably won't change it back. But to pay $99 a month for something that was free for a year and was going so well is a pain!

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. jdelrio

Community Manager

Your Opinions are always valued here Tomy, I will forward this along to the decision makers for you.

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. kare_reiko

Please, return dae donwloads for free. Even if you would be 1 or 2 downloads per month. I relly need this option for my projects.

Posted 3 years ago #
  9. tomy

DAE download limit isn't a bad idea...

Posted 3 years ago #
  10. jdelrio

Community Manager

/agee Wil propose it.

Posted 3 years ago #
  11. randomkid199

Hey, i need to be able to download my models in DAE format, if i can't then there isent much point in using 3dvia anymore... will really upset my :/ is there any way to be able to download them as DAE files?

Posted 3 years ago #

You must log in to post.