3dvia Shape Local Save Files FOUND!!

(5 posts) (3 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. tomy

Honorary Community Marshall

Hi 3dvia Community! Good news for all!
    When you go into 3dvia Shape and press Save, to save locally, I found out the files are stored in this folder on your hard drive!
    C:\Users\[put username here]\AppData\Local\DassaultSystemes\CATTemp\3DVIAShape
    They are the ones ending in .bak and .tmp , though if they have the same name, they store the same stuff weirdly enough.
    Just change the extension from .bak or .tmp to .3dxml to open them. Note that the texture error still exists here.
    This is a handy way to get the 3dxml file from 3dvia Shape without uploading them to 3dvia.com database

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. jdelrio

Community Manager

Pure Awesome!

Of course we always suggest you save it to 3DVIA.com and download the 3dxml from there but we understand if you are in a remote area with no internet connection

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. tomy

To be honest, I'm surprised noone found this out until now.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. dswavely

Community Manager

We were told that they were hidden files and that there was no way to find them. I know I looked several times. Good sleuthing!

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. tomy

In fact the way i did it was use a program to find the last modified files on my system. Virtually any program you open creates one, as I soon found, but the fact that the name of the folder was "DassaultSystemes" caught my eye.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.