[sticky]

3DVIA for Adobe Photoshop F.A.Q.

(8 posts) (5 voices)
  1. jdelrio

Community Manager

Q: What is 3DVIA for Adobe Photoshop?
    A: 3DVIA for Adobe Photoshop is an in-program browser that connects to our huge library of free models on 3DVIA.com. Work with 3D in your 2D without ever switching programs.

Q: Is 3DVIA for Adobe Photoshop free?
    A: 3DVIA for Adobe Photoshop is absolutley free! It's a tool we created to help you incorporate 3D, easily and quickly, into your daily 2D work.

Q: What operating systems are supported with 3DVIA for Adobe Photoshop?
    A: Windows OS both 32bit and 64bit versions with a Mac version comming very soon!

Q: What versions of Adobe Photoshop are supported with 3DVIA for Adobe Photoshop?
    A: Only the Extended versions of Adobe Photoshop CS3, CS4 and CS5 have the required 3D tools to allow you to import 3D models into a 3D Layer. In Short :

1. Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
    2. Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended
    3. Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended

Q: Can I import my private models with the Photoshop Plug-in?
    A: As a general rule private models are not converted to DAE file format unless you are using one of our new Paid Account Options. The DAE conversion is nessesary as it is what the Photoshop plug-in needs for imports.

Q: Does the Plug-in work with CS 5.1?
    A: For the time being, no, the 3DVIA for Photoshop Plug-in doesn't not work with Photoshop CS 5.1, but it works correctly for CS 5.0 version 12.0.4 which is the latest update of Photoshop. Photoshop CS 5.1 is the Photoshop included in the Creative Suite, which is the same version as CS 5.0.

From Wikipedia(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Photoshop):
    In May 2011, Adobe Creative Suites 5.5 (CS5.5) were released which have new versions of some of the applications. However, the Photoshop that comes with them which is labeled version 12.1 is identical to the concurrently released update for Photoshop CS5, version 12.0.4, except for support for the new subscription pricing that was introduced with CS5.5.[1]

Q: I have a question that is not answered in this F.A.Q!
    A: Post it bellow and we'll answer all your questions!

We'll be adding to this F.A.Q. often so come back frequently

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. Iewux

Hello!

I have problem, I cant load objects. Its show an error. I reinstall 3DVIA plugin, but its dont work anyway.
    This error I put in attach.

Attachments

1. error.jpg (112.1 KB, 9 downloads) 3 years old
    WARNING: Files uploaded in the forums are not monitored by 3DVIA and therefore might contain content that is malicious or offensive. Download at your own risk
    Posted 3 years ago #
  3. jdelrio

Community Manager

Did it just stop working or is this the firs time you install the plug in?

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. Iewux

Hello!
    Its in first time. I can only login, but nothing to import in my CS5 Extended.

My computer operating system - Windows 7 Ultimate 32 -bit

Please help me.

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. Wortex

Hi!

Unfortunately I have the same problem. It seems like I can't import any models. Could anybody help?

My computer operating system - Windows Vista

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. jdelrio

Community Manager

And you have Photoshop Extended?

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. asd11

Hi I just downloaded 3DVIA for PS CS4 Extended. Now I want to use it but have no idea how to access it within Photoshop. This will be my first plug-in ever so I have no experience accessing & using them. If anyone can help me get started would be most helpful.

Thanks!

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. jdelrio

Community Manager

You'll find the 3DVIA browser from the file, import menu.

Posted 3 years ago #

You must log in to post.