Taipei 101 is a 101-floor landmark skyscraper located in the capital of Taipei, Taiwan. it used to be the tallest skyscraper in the world : on July 21, 2007 the Burj Dubai in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, overtook the Taipei 101 in height upon completion of its 141st floor. (thanks, wikipedia ! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taipei_101 )
Upon its completion Taipei 101 claimed the official records for:
- Ground to highest architectural structure (spire): 509.2 m (1670.60 ft). Previously held by the Petronas Towers.
- Ground to roof: 449 m (1,474 ft). Formerly held by the Sears Tower 442 m (1,451 ft)
- Ground to highest occupied floor: 439 m (1,441 ft). Formerly held by the Sears Tower
- Fastest Ascending Elevator speed: 16.83 m/s (37.5 miles/hour or 60.4 km/h)
- Largest Count-Down Clock on New Year’s Eve.